We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and any users of our services. This policy sets out how we will treat personal information we collect through such services or subscriprtions to Loopmasters and Loopcloud plugins and services as we might make available to you from time to time.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
● information about your visits to and use of this website; or subscriptions to any of our promotional materials
● information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services or those of third parties which are made available through our website or services;
● information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and / or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
and any other content you submit to us via the website or our services (collectively, “Your Content”), such as comments, enquiries, marketing preferences, and other information concerning your use of the website or our services.
● when you apply to join or are an employee of Loopmasters
2. Information about website visits
● We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website´s usability, and for marketing purposes.
● Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
This processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services.
3. Using your personal data
● process your orders, register and administer your user account, and enable you to login and use the website and our services (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
● if you purchase a third party’s product through our website or service, we may disclose your name and/or email address to that third party if such disclosure is required in order to allow you to obtain and use a licence key for that product from that third party (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
● improve your browsing experience by personalising the website (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services or with your consent);
● send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology (this processing is undertaken either where necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you, or in pursuit of our legitimate interest in helping you to make the best use of our products and services);
● send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at [email protected]
) (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services); and
● to generally run and improve the website and our services (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services).
● as an employee we will use your data to fulfil our services as an employer and to meet legal requirements
We may also process your personal data for the following purposes:
Moderation and public information
In connection with user posting, commenting and reviewing or similar functionality (where this functionality is made available), certain of Your Content may be shared with other users or become publicly available. You may be able to select, in some cases, specific recipients (for example, if you are posting a comment to a particular group only) and then only those recipients will receive it, however, in all other cases, the information may be made publically available.
To respond to your enquiries and requests for support
As part of this we may also share Your Content with suppliers who may assist us with managing support queries.
For the above purposes, processing is carried out so we can perform our contractual obligations (being our terms with you) and in pursuit of our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests to respond to your queries and requests for support.
To prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
To help us to improve the service and fix problems
We may process Your Content so we can analyse and improve our services, and also for us to develop new services. As part of this we may also share this information with suppliers who may assist us.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests of: (i) ensuring our services function properly so you and other users have the best experience; (ii) improving the quality of our services, and providing a better experience to our users; and (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs or problems with the service.
To help us to understand your usage of the Online Services
We may process Your Content to understand how users use our services, and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity, as well as understanding how users access content in our services (including what users are searching for, what they download and audition, what they store in the Loopcloud repository, and how they tag their sounds). This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests in continually improving the services, understanding and fixing problems (such as when users may be unable to easily access or enjoy content) and to improve our future products and services.
To keep you up to date
Where you have consented, or where it is otherwise lawful to do so, we may use Your Content to send you emails in order to keep you informed of news and products. You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know by email.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Antispam Policy
A registered user is added to our Newsletter Subscribers database when he/she leaves the “Yes. I want to subscribe to the Loopmasters newsletter” option ON, on our registration page. After completing our registration process which involves clicking an activation link sent to his/her email account the user becomes a Newsletter Subscriber. Our email communication with our Newsletter Subscribers is based solely on their permission.
What Is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE). It involves emails sent to users who:
● Have no association with the sender
● Have registered an account but not opted in to receive commercial emails
● Have previously opted in but then opted out of receiving commercial emails
It is also email communications without a valid reply-to address.
Loopmasters do not send spam - ever. The goal of our existing email communications is to inform our Newsletter Subscribers of the new audioware releases which are published on a weekly basis. Our Newsletters include the links to our new products, information about promotions and latest news from our industry.
We cooperate with other businesses that target similar audiences as ours - they send our newsletters to their opted-in subscriber base. We are very careful about the antispam practices of these businesses and never cooperate with companies that are outside the scope of our audience or our industry or which have an unclear Antispam Policy.
We do not sell or distribute (for financial gain or for free) or otherwise disclose any partner or customer e-mail addresses to any third parties except when legally required.
Every newsletter contains an Unsubscribe link at the top of the message.
There are situations which by their own nature require us to send you emails. These include:
● Sending a message to your emailbox with the link to activate your account at Loopmasters
● Sending you invoices for each completed transaction on our website.
● Sending you emails concerning technical, legal and support matters.
Please make sure you do not flag Loopmasters as ‘Spam’ or ‘Unsolicited’ in your email application. When you register and do not find an activation email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
When you get in contact with us (for example by email or via a form on the website) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can improve the website.
5. Cookies, Beacons and Tracking
Our website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google or providers of advertising services.
Necessary Cookies:the following are regarded as cookies necessary to make our website work and to give you the best experience when using or visiting out website
To log you into our website and service and keep you logged in (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
The following are regarded non-essential cookies:where we need your permission or consent. These cookies help us to provide you with an efficient website experience and to send you information we believe will be on interest. They are not used for any form of behavioural monitoring
To help us to:
● understand how you use our website and services, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users.
● carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services
These cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone and is based on collecting and storing anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the website.
6. Sharing Your Content
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and the labels, artists and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the Site, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the Site. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the Sites in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the Sites. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the Sites and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
For details of any third parties we use to process your data please contact us as  [email protected]
7. Other disclosures
● to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
● in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
● in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
● if we buy or sell, or are negotiating the purchase or sale, of any business or assets, in which case your personal information may be shared with the purchaser or seller for that purpose (such processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interests in dealing in the purchase or sale of such business or assets).
We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties for the purposes of marketing analysis or to market the website or our services (for example, by letting our business partners know that 50 male individuals from a particular country viewed their product during a particular time period).
8. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in or shared with Group company entities. This may include transferring your data to, and storing it at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Where we transfer your personal data to countries that are outside the EEA we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the personal data concerned. This can be done in a number of different ways, for example: the country to which we send the personal data may have been assessed by the European Commission as providing an "adequate" level of protection for personal data; the recipient may have signed a contract based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. In other circumstances, the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA. In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal data will be compliant with applicable European data protection law.
For the purposes of the GDPR and where we process data for any EU citizen our EU representative is Beatport Europe B.V., with offices at Overhoeksplein 31, Floor 13 & 14, 1031 KS Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Pfuelstraße 5, 10997 Berlin, Germany; [email protected]
9. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your passwords.
10. Data retention
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary.
We do not knowingly solicit information from, or market to, children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email.
12. Policy amendments
13. Your rights
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out in the table below. We aim to comply with requests (which may be sent by email to [email protected]
) without undue delay and within one month at the latest.
Ask for a copy of personal data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected or request erasure
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
You can download a copy of your information by following the instructions in your account settings (where this functionality is made available). Where this functionality is not available you can request a copy by email.
We will use reasonable efforts, to the extent required by law, to comply with any request to supply, correct or delete personal data held about you on our files (and request that any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to do the same).
Object to us processing personal data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing or delete your personal data if:
● you consented to our processing the personal data and have withdrawn that consent;
● we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
● we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of ours or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
● the personal data was unlawfully processed;
● you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations; and/or
● the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
You may be able to delete your accounts by following the instructions in your account settings, where applicable. You can also request account deletion by email.
Obtain a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
● If (i) we are processing data in order to perform our contractual obligations to you or because you consented and (ii) that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
● If you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
● If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via our support services or by email.
● If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Contact information for the Information Commissioner’s Office is available here: https://ico.org.uk/.
14. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
15. Financial Information
The website does not store your credit card and payment details on our server. The website retains details of your purchases and purchased products in your profile, but no sensitive details relating to your payment methods are stored or handled by Loopmasters.
or by post to:
1 Regency Mews
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)1323 411353